Wondrous Definition

Home Forums Learning Forum Wondrous Definition

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KeČaTa Community Management 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Internet Searcher

When I searched the Internet for Wondrous Definition I found Wondrous Me (1drous.me) Definition.

Now that’s an interesting page. But it leads me to 2 qusetions:
    1) Do you have a good definition for the word Wondrous.
    2) What’s the reason for you using your variation – 1drous?

Keith Taylor
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1,186.13

Personally, I like the first definition from Google when you simply search for wondrous:

wondrous
    /ˈwʌndrəs/
    adjective LITERARY
    inspiring a feeling of wonder or delight; marvelous.
    “this wondrous city”

adverb ARCHAIC
    marvelously; wonderfully.
    “she is grown wondrous pretty”

Because this suggests something that is inspiring as well as marvelous. Also, Merriam-Webster suggests:

: that is to be marveled at : EXTRAORDINARY
    a wondrous feat

With synonyms: amazing, astonishing, astounding, awesome, awful, eye-opening, fabulous, marvelous (or marvellous), miraculous, portentous, prodigious, staggering, stunning, stupendous, sublime, surprising, wonderful.

So you can see this is a very positive word that I associate with providers of great Internet content. Since the purpose of my Wondrous Me network is:

1drous.me helps website authors gain search engine rank through better credibility.

Wondrous or 1drous?
    There’s no special reason for my choice of 1drous over wondrous. Except that it is shorter, and I thought it might prove more memorable as an unusual spelling.

What’s most important to me is attracting high-quality authors and providing them with a platform to bring all their online work into one place. Especially since Google has now stopped Google+ which used to help identify authors contributions to the Internet.

Now, author credibility is best achieved by appropriate semantic mark-up. Such as schema.org Author mark-up. So 1drous.me provides you with that platform. Also, it will give guidance on how to implement semantic markup for authors in different situations.

KeČaTa Community Management
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 65.28

By the way, the Indiana-based American office is now developing Wondrous Web Apps.

So if you have any questions, opinions, or experiences of web applications, please share them by starting a new topic in this forum.

You should Connect to Shrewdies to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favourite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.
If you need more information, get it from Shrewdies Log-in Help.