Can Administrators post to bbPress on non-members behalf?

Home Forums Learning Forum Internet Learning Forum Can Administrators post to bbPress on non-members behalf?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hookr 1 year, 12 months ago.

• Author

Helpdesk User

I always answer helpdesk questions in public. Sometimes, comments are appropriate. Mainly, it is best to answer in forums. I believe this will encourage a small minority of people to post in the forum themselves.

It is tedious to do this with normal bbPress. It means I have to:

1. Open the forum to anonymous post.
    2. Log out.
    3. Post the topic or reply.
    4. Log in as Admin.
    5. Close the forum to anonymous post.

I never want to post when logged in as admin. Can we trick bbPress into acting like I’m an anonymous user in the front end, when I’m logged in as admin?

hookr

Hey, it works well. This is crying out for a lesson explaining how you did it. I know the hookr.io resource helped a lot.

You can easily see what hooks are available. Not just for WordPress core. It’s exceptionally useful for plugins such as bbPress. Of course, you need to know what to look for. But, with everything on one page, it’s easier than trawling through a huge hierarchical codex. See everything about bbPress at http://hookr.io/plugins/bbpress/2.5.8/#index=a

You should Connect to Shrewdies to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favourite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.