bbPress Keymaster Capabilities Confusion

Home Forums Learning Forum Internet Learning Forum bbPress Keymaster Capabilities Confusion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 47.85

There’s something I don’t understand with Capabilities for bbPress Keymasters on this forum. It relates to WordPress Admin capabilities in the back-end, and bbPress capabilities in the front end.

Keymasters should be able to edit Forums, Topics, and Replies. But, on this forum, they can’t. Even though Keymasters can work OK on other forums in this MultiSite network.

I noticed that Keymasters could still access Forum Tools, and Forum Settings. So, as a Keymaster, I ran bbPress Forum Tools, and set all repair options. Now, WordPress doesn’t allow Forum Tools or Forum Settings. So, any forum admin has to be done by an Administrator.

Somehow, WordPress is ignoring the extra capabilities that are defined in the Keymaster Role. I don’t understand how this can happen. Keith, can you explain this behavior, and suggest a solution?

Keith Taylor
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1,015.48

I’m afraid I can’t work out what is going wrong here. I need to investigate, and work out which database tables are involved. That is going to take time, which I don’t have at the moment.

Does anyone else know the database logic for WordPress roles and capabilities? Until we can fix this, I’ll have to make admin changes to this forum, as SuperAdmin. Sorry. 🙁

You should Connect to Shrewdies to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favourite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.